Sometimes I take an image and have a heck of a time getting it to come out right. Yesterday I went to Letchworth State Park with a couple friends to take some photos and I got a handful of shots that I’ll put up here over the next day or so.
One of the first images I edited was the one below and the first one I produced was too green. Usually I can rely on digital counts to figure out the color of whats in the scene but with a shot like this it’s harder. I called on Joe to tell me how it looked and he said “too green” so after a couple tweaks (and a conversion to B&W) I had these:
It certainly can be a bit of trial and error since there’s no easy process I can use to get every image to come out right. I keep working on new approaches but more often than not I stick to what I’ve used for years (DC counting on objects I think I should know the color of) and the assistance of someone else to verify in the end.
Another post or two in the coming days will have the remainder of what I’m going to post from the trip.