There’s an awful lot going on that’s got my mind spread pretty thin. Getting ready to move in a couple months is a bigger hassle than I’d like but hopefully things will settle once that’s done! I just did some site updates today which as usual is a mixture of things working and things that need working. The long term goal, aside from being more active here, is a complete redo on the site’s layout and underlying systems. I know this site just passed its fifth year back on the 2nd of the month and I’m not happy with how little I’ve been shooting lately or with how infrequently I’ve been able to update the site. Things to improve on!
I finally got to experiment with a flashlight based idea, you can check out the results below. I wouldn’t say it was 100% what I wanted, there are some technical and technique related issues that I’ll have to iron out going forward. It did go better than some experiments do so in the end I’m not going to complain.
I’m not sure if the flashlight doesn’t have some kind of funky PWM (pulse width modulation, a method of controlling brightness in many flashlights) going on at lower brightness levels. In some images (not shown) there are some strange ghosting effects so that bears further testing and possibly I’ll experiment with another light. I’ll have to look the specs on the flashlight up to be 100% certain of what it’s doing but at least it’s at least moving in the right direction.